Mangoes and cheesecake are a heavenly combination. If you like both, then you have to try this mango cheesecake recipe. This is an egg-less, no-bake, no-hassle mango cheesecake recipe and it is perfect for summers. Its made from kesar mango pulp and cream cheese. This is based on the original mango cheesecake recipe from Mon Voyage, where they use fresh mangoes. You can either set the cheesecake in a cake tin or individual dessert glasses.
Cream cheese – 2 x 200g = 400g (Philadelphia cream cheese or Tesco soft cheese)
Fresh Double Cream – 220 ml
Kesar Mango Pulp – 200 ml (any canned mango pulp would do)
Plain Digestive biscuits – 12
Brown sugar – 2 Tablespoons
Icing sugar – 1 Tablespoon (you can add more depending on your taste)
Melted Unsalted Butter – 4 Tablespoons
Gelatine Powder- 1.5 Tablespoon (vegetarians can use agar agar)
1. Make a crumb from the digestive biscuits by either crushing them with a rolling pin or whizzing them in food processor. The crumbs should be slightly coarse.
2. Add the brown sugar and melted butter to the crumb and stir it with a spoon to mix thoroughly such that the crumb mixture comes together.
3. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a spring-form cake tin to form the biscuit base layer and refrigerate for 15-20 mins.
4. Dissolve the gelatin in water. Please follow the steps here to dissolve gelatin.
5. Add the dissolved gelatin to the mango pulp and mix. Keep it aside.
6. Mix the cream cheese, cream and icing sugar (1 tablespoon) in a bowl using either an egg beater or hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
7. Add half the mango pulp mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix it well. You can add some more icing sugar according to taste at this point, depending on how sweet you want the cheese mixture.
8. Take out the cake tin from the refrigerator and add the mango cream cheese mixture on top of the biscuit layer evenly. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
9. Once the mango cream cheese mixture is slightly set, pour the remaining mango pulp+gelatin mixture on top of the cream cheese layer of the cake, so that the layers do not mix. Refrigerate overnight.
10. Garnish with fresh raspberries/strawberries/blueberries/mangoes. The sourness of the berries goes well with the sweetness of the mango in the cheesecake.
11. Serve chilled!